Friday 28 June 2013

Top 10 Smokey Eye Make Up Tutorials to Inspire You

Recently I was trying to do a soft Smokey eye and started looking all over the web for tutorials. I was amazed at the work done by beauty enthusiasts all over the world.
Here I am going to share you my top picks and a little something about why I think they deserve to be mentioned.

1. Dramatic Smokey Eyes for a Night Out:

The first Smokey eye tutorial that grabbed my attention was a video on you tube. This video is by Lea Michele and the final look of the eyes is so eye-catching that you simply cannot resist trying this out on yourself. The Smokey eye is dramatic, clean and beautiful to look at. This is something you can use for a night out. Take a look yourself.

2. All Black Smokey Eyes:


Next I have to mention this tutorial by Cynthia from the Indian Vanity Case (I love Cynthia’s posts and especially her tutorials with helpful hints that make the tutorial easy to understand even for newbie’s). This is a deep black Smokey eye look and is a stunner if you want to keep it all black. The steps are easy to follow and the look is stunning.
Black Smokey Eyes makeup

3. Daily Wear Smokey Eyes:

Another simple Smokey eye tutorial but for daily wear that is a soft and not too dramatic one by EyesOnUMakeup on youtube.

4. Kim Kardashian Inspired Celebrity Smokey Eyes:

Next one is a celebrity inspired Smokey eye makeup tutorial. This one is very dramatic, very bold, inspired by none other than Kim Kardashian. This tutorial is by Makeupbyeman and is available on youtube. I love the colors used in this one.

5. Pink Smokey Eyes:

I myself love the color pink on my eyelids so I searched for a pink Smokey eye tutorial and found this tutorial which I thought was worth sharing. The eyes look gorgeous and this look can be used during the wedding season or any evening occasions. This will go very well with the maroon and Red Indian outfits too. You can always replace the berry pink with any pink shade that you like.
Pink Smokey Eye makeup

6. Bronzed Smokey Eyes:

Talking about the wedding season eye makeup, if you want to attend a party with a bronzed Smokey eye look then check out this tutorial by The Wonder Forest.
Bronzed Smokey Eyes makeup
The photos are clear and the steps are shown very well. The overall look is very festive and yet soft.

7. Rober Jones – 10 minute Smokey Eyes:

When trying to do Smokey eyes don’t forget to take advice from a few professionals. I chose this professional artist video by Robert Jones as it really caught my attention on YouTube. It tells you how to achieve the correct Smokey eyes in just 10 minutes. Notice the blending techniques Robert uses.

8. Sephora Experts 2 minute Tutorial on Smokey Eyes:

Do it like the experts with Sephora Experts’s 2 minute tutorial on you tube. This one tells you how to perfect the technique of Smokey eyes.

9. Sultry Green Smokey Eyes:

And finally for the year 2013, the predicted color of 2013 is emerald so how can I miss out Smokey green eyes. A tutorial on turquoise green smokey eye makeup with absolutely clear step by step pictures is worth mentioning here. This one is from the blog Makeup for Life. The final look is truly sultry!
Sultry Green Smokey Eye makeup
Another one that does not actually give a tutorial but the look created by Rachel from Makeup By Rachel is so stunning and pretty that I couldn’t stop sharing it.
green eye makeup

10. Soft Brown Smokey Eyes:

I tried my hand at Smokey eyes but instead of doing a dramatic look I did something different for office wear and this is a simple tutorial by yours truly! The entire look is kept soft by using brown as the main eye color.
Brown Smokey Eyes
You can check the detailed tutorial at http://ourexternalworld.blogspot.in/2012/08/simple-brown-smokey-eyes-with-winged.html
So go on and check out the tutorials, experiment with colors and perfect that Smokey eye look with all the guidance that’s easily available on the web.


No comments:

Post a Comment